University of Pittsburgh Library System
- Provides search engine Zoom! to find articles and other materials by using the Quick Find or by searching to one or more subjects.
- There is Ask a Librarian Instant Messenger(IM). It is a place to contact the librarian to ask questions regarding to the library system.
- Provide click tools named PITTCat+. It is to refine your search by format, date of publication, language, author and topic.
- If you cannot find the material you need in PITTCat+ you might request from other libraries(Interlibrary Loan). Interlibrary Loan will request the material from other libraries.
- A personal bookshelf called My Discoveries allows you to save, tag, rate and create the lists of items.
- Provides Book Request Form. By filling in the form, we can ask for the book that is not in the library yet.
- Ask a Librarian IM can be loaded only if the computer have Flash 10 or higher plugin installed in order to connect to IM.
- PITTCat+ can be used only for not checked out items and online items.
- Students and staff must have account in PITTCat+ to check fines, fees, loan date and renewal date.
- Books are generally delivered within 4 to 7 days for Interlibrary Loan.
- Need to log into PIITCat+ to locate the reserve items.
- It is not necessarily we might get the book that we have request from the Book Request Form because the information that entered in the form will be forwarded to the appropriate person and will be considered for acquisition.